Sunday, June 5, 2011

Marine Corps

My husband is a Marine, he is currently deployed and oh boy has it changed our lives completely. This is our second deployment, and it just seems so much harder on me than the first one. I think maybe it has to do with the fact that last time i only had 1 child to really deal with because Kaitlyn was just a baby, but this time I have all three kids! and well all three miss their daddy so much! and of course I miss him so much too! My husband and I were just "kids" when he left for boot camp, and after that day, our lives have changed SO much! I wouldnt have it any other way! it was the best decision we made and when things get rough I always think of what our lives would have been like if he wouldve never left that night, and boy am I thankful everyday for it! It was our once in a lifetime opportunity and I'm glad he took it. Our first duty station was in Yuma, AZ and I HATED it so much! I wanted to be back in California, close to our family and friends. Now that I think of it, I really miss Yuma sometimes. I didnt appreciate it as much as i should have. maybe someday we will go back. MAYBE, i sure do not miss the heat there!

I have made a few amazing friends these past few years in the Marine Corps, and this deployment I have already made some amazing friends because of the deployment! It is the only thing that has been beter than the last deployment, well because last deployment i made NO friends.  Im looking forward to having daddy back home but in the mean time, i will post a lot about what we do to make the days go by faster, updates on how he is doing, and talk about care packages we send him!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment