Sunday, June 5, 2011

Autism

Autism is in our family, sometimes I call it the "monster" because I cant bring myself to say Autism. My daughter has been diagnosed with Autism and its not an easy thing to accept. I can't accept it, I cant accept my daughter being stuck with the "monster." We have been doing a few therapies the past 9months and we have seen results but of course i will not stop until the day my daughter no longer needs therapy. Sometimes people dont know what to say when I tell them about it. Sometimes not giving an answer is the best thing you can do to someone in a situation like this. I am here to bring as much awareness as I can, our kids deserve it! I do not think a month of awareness is enough, our kids live with Autism everyday of their lives, and so do their families. It is so hard to see my baby not being able to express how she feels, not knowing how to interact with her siblings, not being able to touch certain things because the touch of something so simple, can bother her to the extreme. A lot of the times people tell me how much of a "good kid" she is because she keeps to herself, what i wouldnt give or do for her to be out in the crowd being crazy along with the other kids! Everyday is a new day, and everyday I am here to help her get through this, so one day she can be running around with all the other kids and just be happy. I know someday this day will come, but i also know it will take a LOT of hard work to get her there. Our life has changed so much, but i know one day i will look back and be thankful for all that we do have now.

No comments:

Post a Comment