Sunday, August 7, 2011

NEW DIET FOR KAITLYN!!!

I have decided after so long that I finally really need to do this for Kaitlyn, she deserves it to be able to get better! We just started last week WOW I MADE IT ONE WEEK!!!!! I just realized it right now!!! I have made some cupcakes, pancakes and cookies for her using almond flour and honey. I actually liked them a lot more than regular cookies. I dont know if its the home made from scratch that i liked? or they are actually a lot better than buying oreos or chips ahoy? I am not a big fan of oreos or chips ahoy so it was easy for me to not give them to Kaitlyn or the kids. Kaitlyn is really missing gummies and chocolate. :( those are the  things she requests for the most now that she cant have them. Do I feel guilty that she cant have oreos, breads(unless home made), candy, rice, corn, CHEESE, or anything with dairy? umm, NO i dont feel bad, because its not necessary for her to have, and everything I will be feeding her is a healthy alternative. she can also have NUTS and MEATS and FRUITS and VEGGIES, so our world is not THAT bad lol these are all natural things that anyone out there can eat. Am I on the diet? well baby steps it is, I find myself having a soda, or a slice of pizza on hard days, I know terrible but I need to get her going first before I can change my diet completely. In the first week of it, Kaitlyn has been having increased speech! even eye contact without me "requesting" for it. She of course has a lot of other issues that need to get addressed but so far the first week I think it went pretty good. I have to keep baking and experimenting on what she likes! Kaitlyn has a lot of eating issues, sensory mostly and most foods she is unsure of trying. SPECIALLY WET FOODS! so i have to come up with a way to have her eat foods, but eventually she will overcome it, we will overcome it together. I am so excited for Dad to come home and find all the new foods we have been eating!!! its going to be so exciting! Cant wait for what the future with the diet holds. I feel really great about it, and happy that I know I am making the right choice for my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment